Sunday, June 14, 2009

3 Months

hey all,

I am closing in on the three month mark in Japan. Here are some random things that I'm really excited about:
  • I can now do internet banking. No more 3 day fiascos trying to make a simple wire transfer to pay rent!
  • I just joined the Tokyo Outdoor Club. Since the bar is not really my environment, this gives me a much better shot of feeling comfortable while socializing. Check out the photos of past trips on their website. They're gorgeous! So, hopefully I can meet some people interested in doing cool things, and not just sitting in dark, smoky, loud rooms killing braincells.
  • Getting paycheck #2 in 6 days!
  • My new shoes! After getting tired of having my feet soaked when it rained thanks to holes in the bottom, and after slipping a few too many times while hiking Mt. Tsukuba, I bought a new pair of hiking shoes that double as my everyday shoes. They rock!
Cheers,