Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Work? Day

hey all,

Today at work I studied Japanese for 8 hours straight. There is some kind of sporting event today and tomorrow, so there are no classes to teach. I can't imagine playing sports in this weather, but for some reason the kids not only imagine it but do it with gusto.

The only interesting thing was that lunch was not served, and I didn't bring anything to eat. One of the hall monitors noticed and offered me an energy drink. After refusing several times, I accepted. The funny part was that he tried to explain to me a little later that my pee would be very yellow from all the vitamins, and not to worry. This was all in Japanese, and at first I couldn't quite believe that I was getting talked to about pee by a 62 year-old Japanese guy, so we went to the dictionary, and sure enough, he was telling me about pee.

Cheers,