Friday, May 14, 2010

First Full Week

hey all,

Today marks the end of my first full Mon.-Fri. work week. I must say I'm beat. Teaching at 3 schools is tough: 3 schools means that I have roughly 72 classes: 3 schools X 6 grades X 4 classrooms. So, I have to do each lesson a lot. Not 72 times, because my lessons are concentrated on the 5th and 6th graders, but still: that's doing each lesson 24 times. Probably the only lesson I will have to do 72 times is my intro lesson where I introduce myself.

I have an interview for a full time job tomorrow, but I have a lot of questions of about the working environment, actual teaching hours, and what sort of compensation I'll get for developing course materials, etc.

Aside from the interview, the plan is to relax. I won't be receiving too much money in my paycheck this month, so I canceled my yoga classes, haven't bought any games (although I have bought several CDs, which I've been using for my classes), or gone traveling where I've needed to stay in a hotel. I think Michi and I might cook some dinner tomorrow, and visit a park on Sunday, but that is about all.

My last note is that this Sunday will mark 1 year and 2 months here in Japan.

Cheers,