Saturday, November 19, 2011

Well, Well

hey all,

I was able to solve that problem I had with my character being cursed. Like most problems in Dark Souls, it is solved by slightly changing your tactics, taking your time, and being careful. I successfully fought my way through all those pesky ghosts and made it to the healer. After that, I was able to clear out several bosses and some mini-bosses too.

But Dark Souls giveth, and it taketh away. Tonight I was trying to fight off the mini bosses of the Darkroot Garden area, some feral black cats the size of horses, and I died. At the time I had 30,000 xp on my character, so I had to fight my way back there in order to retrieve them. But I died on my way there, and so lost that 30,000 xp. I've put about 25 hours into the game now, so I'm maybe a quarter of the way through. That is, as long as I can keep from losing 30,000 hard earned souls every night.

And I'm still putting in time for Batman and Battlefield 3. It looks like I am most of the way complete with the main story of Batman, but I still have something like 3/4 of the optional quests and collector's items to pick up. Why try to get them? Because collecting them unlocks the "battle arena" maps where you can kill hour after hour trying to best your previous score or a friend's best score. I've ranked up my Battlefield 3 character a few more times by playing the multiplayer missions, and I have even suffered through more of the campaign.

Work has been work. Not great, not terrible. For the most part, even the new class has been kinda mundane. Not an eye opener, but not depressing either.

Cheers,