Monday, December 19, 2011

Three Days

hey all,

This Friday is the Emperor's Birthday, which is a national public holiday in Japan, and that means that our winter vacation starts on Friday, or Thursday evening, if you want to think of it that way. So we only have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to "get through" before break starts.

And I do mean get through. The class I've been given to teach in the mornings can read OK, but their spelling, focus, listening ability, discipline and comprehension level is atrocious. They're around 3 years old, and I swear that two of them in particular are actively trying to piss me off. Just managing to fill the 4 hours of class time is something of a challenge, because their attention spans are so short and their vocabulary is so limited.

I finished the first book of The Mistborn Trillogy. Not bad, and actually good enough that I picked up the second book in the series.

Michi and I went shopping this Sunday and finally picked up a small rack to stack our bowls and plates on. Up to now, we'd been using half of the cardboard box that our vacuum came in, reinforced with some extra cardboard slats to keep the top from squeezing shut.

There's still Christmas shopping to do, unfortunately, and of course my daily regime of hot food to try to keep the cold at bay and of course video games.

Cheers,