Monday, January 16, 2012

Remiss

hey all,

I know I've been remiss in adding non-game related stuff here recently, but to be honest, real life has been pretty boring recently. Michi and I still fight and patch things up, just like all couples do, and the fights are less serious than when we first moved in together lo those many months ago.

Work is work. Some classes go really well, and others don't. My PM class is all getting geared up for the Eiken pre-1 this weekend. I went over some vocabulary today, and got a few surprises (both positive and negative ones). My AM class is still pretty bad, but my private lessons are going reasonably well.

We haven't really traveled anywhere since Hakone, and we haven't even gone rock climbing. Michi's right ankle keeps bothering her, and then there is just the fact that it is cold, she's taking translation classes and yoga lessons, and I'm playing games and preparing for my next curriculum design course (which starts tomorrow). So we're busy and getting out takes prep. time that we don't always have in ample supply.

We did get to a local onsen in Tokyo over the weekend though, which was a luxurious treat.

I'm almost a little embarrassed to say that I've started reading the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline  Carey. As far as fantasy goes, it is a little light on the magic, demons, etc, and heavier on the political intrigue and...BDSM material. But still good reads, and I dare say better written than Brandon Sanderson's work, which I would say are around average or slightly above.

Cheers,