Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fukushima, One Year Later

hey all,

As I'm sure you all know, remember, or have been reminded by one news source or another, it's been one year since the big earthquake that actually changed the rotational speed of the earth, and cost so many lives here in Japan.

Strange as it is to say, my life has improved a lot in that year. I've moved into a nice apartment with Michi. We've taken a good number of fun and interesting trips, including the Yarigadake trip. My teaching has gotten a bit better. My salary and working conditions have improved some, even though I'm still at the same company.

I don't really have anything too profound to say about it. Things have improved a lot since last summer, with all the worries about radiation, etc. The radiation is actually still a little scary, and energy and water costs so far this winter have been pretty outrageous. I hope that this coming year goes as well, all things considered, as last year.

Cheers,