Friday, March 30, 2012

To America, and Beyond! Er, What does that mean?

hey all,

In a matter of hours, I'll be heading over to Narita to get through security so I get on a plane that will (hopefully) land in the state the would be its own country, Texas. Then I have a layover before meeting up with Bri at his current abode in Georgia.

After hanging out with him for a few days, it will be back through security again, then off to the arctic wastes of...Michigan. See the family, do some shopping, throw out some old stuff, pick some stuff to cart back to Japan. And then back through security again, to the Land of the Rising Sun, (insert your own L/R joke here).

My fellow teachers and I have spent the last two days typing, counting desks and chairs, planning classes and getting materials ready. It was a valiant effort, and the first few months should go pretty smoothly. After that, and we'll need to prep more material.

Cheers,