Wednesday, April 04, 2012

In America

hey all,

It seems a little strange to be writting this in America. I suppose there might be a few people in Japan who know of this blog and who read it when I publish a new post, but I think the majority of my readers (all two of you), are in the US.

In any case, my flight in was pretty ordinary. No crashes, no problems locking the cargo doors, no passengers sitting next to me who suddenly need medical attention. The wind was rather strong, so our take off was delayed about an hour. But that was it. Luckily for me, I just read that some massive tornadoes swung through the Fort Worth area today, so it looks like I missed them.

I made it to Texas, and then caught another flight to Georgia and met up with Bri. It was great to see him, and it went much smoother than his trip to Japan. On the second day, we worked out at his gym, and my whole body still aches. We did biceps, triceps, abs, quads, and deltoids/pecks. I logged about 900 points on Fitocracy. Later that day, we went to the Oyster and Crawfish Festival, and although they had run out of oysters and crawfish, we still got to see Cowboy Mouth. I had no clue who this band was, but apparently they wrote the song "Jenny Says" way back in the 90's. In any case, the band rocked. I would definitely go and see them again.

Sunday was mostly relaxing, since we were still sore from the workout. And the next day we got up early and he dropped me off at the airport. I met up with the fam here in Michgan, and was shocked to see that Sarah is almost as tall as I am, and Rachel is only slightly shorter than that.

Since I arrived around noon, I spent the rest of the day sorting through my books. I am now the proud owner of 13 fewer boxes of books. Gone are most of my science fiction, science, psychology, fantasy, magic and occult, and philosophy books. I only got about $200 for the 13 boxes, but with Project Gutenberg, the Nook and the Kindle, and the economy the way it is, I was lucky to get that much. Besides, the point was to get rid of a bunch of books, not make lots of money.

Today, we went and sold those books, renewed my driver's lisence, and went shopping.

That's all for now.
Cheers,