Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Computer

hey all,

This is being typed from my new computer. It's pretty nice, although the Japanese OS is turning out to be a pain in more ways than one. For example, even after going out of my way to download the English versions of programs, like Chrome, Gimp, etc, they look at the language of the OS and decide to switch to Japanese.

I did manage to get all my files off of the old laptop (including my bookmarks, which were buried in C:\Users\Hunter\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox...places.sqlite, you get the idea), but my project of turning it into a Linux box hasn't really progressed too far. I downloaded Kubuntu, but despite getting a loading screen, nothing seems to happen. I'm currently downloading Kororaa and Fedora, so we'll see if I have any more luck with those. If not, I'll try reformatting the HDD from this computer, then using the Linux install discs again. If that doesn't work, I'm selling it for scrap parts.

Today is also Michi's birthday. I'll have to leave out how old she's turning, but she had a really busy day which included traveling to Sendai.

(Later) Fedora didn't work either, so on to plan C.

Classes need to be updated too, but that is a separate post.

Cheers,