Saturday, September 12, 2009

End of Week Two

hey all,

So I've finished my second week of work after summer vacation. About as interesting as the first week, except I did actually teach some classes this time.

Last night was a Friday, and there was a social night for the outdoor club and I decided I'd go to that. Really great time: a bunch of the people I've been climbing with showed up, and one of the more knowledgeable people has organized an outdoor climbing trip this Sunday, so we spent a lot of time drinking and talking about what equipment to bring, who'd be coming, etc. I've been waiting for this for quite a while, and it rocks that it is finally happening.

Only downside was I had to catch the Keihein-Tohoku line back to Omiya from Shimbashi (one of the wards in Tokyo). This is the slowest train I've ever ridden on. The "rapid" K-T train is two minutes faster than the regular one: it only skips 2 stops, but I got stuck with the slow version, and it took over an hour to get back home. Since it was the last train of the evening, all the drunk salarymen, housewives, college and high school punks etc, all crowded onto it. The concept of personal space really doesn't exist in situations like that.

Anyway, today is laundry day, and I've got bags to pack for climbing tomorrow.

Cheers,