Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stable Dissatisfaction

hey all,

In an earlier post, I said that only 3 things got me down: no girlfriend, bad job, bad apartment. Well, now that 1 of those things looks like it might not be an issue any longer, my dissatisfaction with the other 2 seems to have increased. After all, my job and my apartment actually make it inconvenient to see Michi. Even assuming our thing doesn't work out, I'm still stuck with a room the size of a large bathroom stall, and an unfulfilling job where I work with boring, unhelpful people teaching English to disinterested apathetic students.

It is almost as if the 3 things that GMD formed a triangle: the simplest, most stable and strongest structural shape. When I had 3 things that GMD, they didn't jar against anything else, but just maintained their shape. Now that one of the struts is gone, I've got these two loose ends that clash, jangle, and make a nuisance of themselves.

These last days, I've been putting in more job applications, but most of these are hopeless: some have over 1000 applicants. I've even asked my coordinator if the Company has any openings for office workers near Tokyo. Although I'd still be with the same company, I wouldn't have to deal with the teaching environment (or lack thereof) of Japan.

The photo shoot for that modeling gig is tomorrow, but I'm not going because my ankle has been bugging me again recently (I stupidly agreed to run in a race on sports day, and of course I ran seriously and now my ankle hurts again), and now I have a pretty bad cold or flu or something to go with it.

Anyway, it looks like Michi and I actually have a date this Saturday afterall, which brings my mood up.

Cheers,