Sunday, September 27, 2009

School Sports Day and Date

hey all,

Yesterday was my school sports festival day, so I had to come into work on a Saturday. The nice thing is that I get Monday off. Not too amazingly interesting, but kinda nice because I got paid for coming in and being a spectator.

So those who talked to me after my Ogawayama trip know that I asked Michi on a date. She said yes. Originally, we were planning to see a movie, but we ended up going to a famous monjayaki shop on Tsukishima island. Monjayaki is kinda difficult to describe: at each table in the restaurant, there is a hotplate where your monjayaki is fried. A waiter will bring the ingredients to your table, mix them, and pour them onto the hotplate. You then take some small scrapers, and mix it up while it cooks. The result is kinda like a runny omellete, and looks a little like vomit, and tastes incredible.

I had a really good time, and we'll be going on another date in a couple weeks (she's really busy, plus we live an hour away from each other). I'd like to do a climbing trip with just the two of us, but we'll see.

Cheers,