Saturday, October 31, 2009

Clean!

hey all,

Another pretty decent week. Classes went ok, and my part time job was more fun than the first time. The guy who gave it to me said that the first day is always the best, and from there it gets worse, but I thought the second day involved more teaching, better class structure, etc. The students are good too, and I guess they like my teaching style.

Today, I've given my room a savage cleaning. Yes, savage. Piles of receipts from March and April til now, printouts, hiking maps, hand-drawn road maps and train schedules, empty boxes for my phone, clippers, and electric toothbrush, American pennies, and underneath it all, dust bunnies. Clothes, both clean and dirty, littered the floor, and my school bag and climbing bag took up whatever floor space wasn't already occupied.

So the receipts and empty boxes have been pitched, hiking maps stored, and clothes sorted. There's not really anywhere to put the school bag and climbing bag, but now that the clothes are where they should be, I can walk instead of hopping from clear area to clear area. I even broke out the vacuum.

At the moment, Michi and I are planning what to do today. Possibly indoor rock climbing, but we're going outdoors tomorrow with 4 outdoor club members, and I don't want to be too worn out for that. We were going to have lunch with a friend of hers, but that has fallen through, so I'm thinking lunch and a study session afterwards.

The trip tomorrow should be pretty good. We're heading over to Koutakuji, which is halfway between Odawara and Tokyo, and actually quite near Hon-Atsugi (where I went on the leech hike and saw the dragons burned).

Cheers,