Sunday, November 07, 2010

BD

hey all,

Once again, it is my birthday in a few days. One of the presents I received was a DVD with over 1100 pics of yours truly. As I've looked through all of them several times now, I can't help but wonder: Should I apologize to my parents for the royal dick I must have been from age 12 to 17? And how did I manage to turn out the way I am now when I was such a cute baby? How will I keep myself from strangling my own offspring once they turn 12?

What was especially eerie was watching the ever-smiling face slowly disappear around 1993-1994 and almost never be captured on film again until around 1997. Yes, there were pictures of me smiling between 1993 and 1997, but they are few and far between the glowers, frowns, absent-minded/empty-eyed stares, hands blocking the camera, etc.

Back in the present, today was pretty fun. Michi and I went to Saitama to hang out with my Michigan friend. The situation was relatively interesting: me and John talking about gaijin problems, and Michi and Tomoko talking about the problems of dating gaijin.

Cheers,