Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lots

hey all,

Made it back from the multi-pitch climbing lesson safe and sound. As usual, a detailed account will have to wait a little bit. Suffice to say, it was pretty fun, and I think I learned a lot about how to climb multi-pitch routes safely, and got some good advice on climbing in general. Also a good refresher on climbing terminology. Climbing with foreigners whose vocabulary and listening ability is limited, you necessarily develop certain ways of saying things, but it is good to return to the real terms, which our instructor used.

I've got some insane pictures and some video that should give you an idea of the scale we're talking about, but even when I look at the rock face from 1km away, it is hard to believe that I've just climbed all the way up that face.

In other news, I have exactly 14 days until I take the JLPT, the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, and I'm a little nervous. There are still many kanji and words that I don't know that could be on the test, and I haven't figured out how to practice for the listening part. I know where the test location is, roughly, and I think I'm going to try to find my way there once before the test to make sure, but I think I'll just have to spend 30-40 minutes each day practicing and reviewing. As it is, there are some days, and yes sometimes a week or two will go by, when I don't read my Song of Ice and Fire in Japanese, or when I don't go to smart.fm to review.

Anyway, once again it has gotten late and I need to brush my teeth and tuck myself in.

Cheers,