Sunday, April 10, 2011

Attack of the Squirrel

hey all,


As you can probably tell from the picture, my right jaw is quite swollen. Turns out that pain in my jaw probably wasn't from grinding my teeth. It only hurt a little Thursday morning, and I didn't notice it at all during the day, but by the time I got home, I could barely open my mouth, chewing was painful, and I only slept 3 or 4 hours, even after taking 600mg of ibuprofen. The kicker is that when I went to the doctor, he said it was probably mumps! I've been vaccinated against mumps; I'm positive about that. What kind of crazy mumps have I come down with? And how did I come down with it in the first place? From March 11th to the 22nd, I barely had contact with other people because my school had canceled class due to the earthquake(s). This virus usually has an incubation time of around 16 days.

There isn't much to do, except enjoy what I can until it gets tired of infecting me. I've got pain killers; and just like I did after I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I'll be going to bed with an ice pack like this:
Sexy, no?

Cheers,