Thursday, April 07, 2011

Eyes...Forward

hey all,

I've got that pain in my jaw from grinding my teeth in my sleep again, and I can see the purple bags under my eyes, but I'm looking forward to the weekend. This whole week has been one long improv session after another.

Instead of heeding the results of the evaluation test, we interviewed the parents one by one to see what the wanted, and based on that, we're making two classes: one where we keep explaining until the kids understand, and the other where we move on to the next topic after a set time limit, or until one or two students get it. But again, instead of just starting regular classes, we're doing this limbo thing until Monday. The first six students to arrive come to my class (which changes topic every two minutes or so), and the next six students go the the slower paced class.This means that we can't assume that the students are all on the same page, so we have to improv for 3 hours.

The afternoon classes are going smoother, but there have been a bunch of changes due to non-returning students/ losing 2 teachers.

The emergency plan is in place on the front door, and in each of the class rooms. But our materials are no where near being organized as I'm not sure where to begin, really; and it looks like Google Docs is incompatible with the Safari browser being used by the Macs at work. (P.S. Safari would still be a crappy browser even if we could access Google Docs.)

I think Michi and I might be going multi-pitch rock climbing on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to that. But really, I'm looking forward to putting my head on someone's lap or shoulder and just relaxing.

Cheers,