Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Two More Days

hey all,

Two more days until the weekend. This week has been pretty tough. Last week two of my AM students were gone all week, but now they are all back, so I'm up to 9 students again. And of course, the two who came back are not exactly the best students. One is just in over her head and more or less lost, but the other is emotionally unstable...as in you tell him (or his mother tells him) calmly that he can't do something and he switches into maniacal laugh/cry mode. There isn't a day when I don't kick him out for disrupting others at least once.

In other news, I'm still waiting for my new passport. It was supposed to be here by now, and when I try to track the package online it just doesn't come up...the system can't find it. So I'm gonna have to call the yahoos at the US Embassy and see what is going on. And here I thought it would simple for once.

My next curriculum design class started on Monday. And there was much rejoicing. Actually, it should be an enjoyable class, but I don't really welcome the frantic pace that these classes always move at. They're only 4 weeks long, so there is a major assignment and major readings every week.

On top of that, the teachers at the school have got a lot of prep work to do so that the students can take a school trip to an aquarium. I've already laid the ground work by visiting the class last weekend, taking photos and videos, writing notes, etc. But I've still got the same prep. to do for my own class.

It has been over 25°C recently, so everyone is burning up before, during, and after classes. And it is only May!!! I don't want to see what July or August will be like.

Cheers,