Thursday, May 03, 2012

Typhoon

hey all,

Today and tomorrow are Japanese National holidays, so for today at least I'm relaxing at home. I went over to a coffee shop this morning and got some typing done for one of my Eiken Pre-2 classes, and I also got some more work done on a lesson plan on the six kingdoms.

Tomorrow, Michi and I head to Aomori, where a friend of hers is getting married. Technically speaking, I'm not invited because I only know the bride and the bride is only allowed to invite girls, as the groom is only allowed to invite boys. Anyway, there is a castle about 40 minutes away in Hirosaki that I'll go see while Michi is busy. After the wedding, we'll do a little walking/hiking around a lake trail that is supposed to be really beautiful. Although here in Tokyo the Sakura season has already passed, in Aomori it will still be going.

Michi has been doing a better job of wearing her ankle brace, but I hope the walking will not be too much stress on her ankle.

In other news, I seem to have gotten Tagged Frog working better. I gave up hope on Nemo Docs. Any program that can't even complete a proper string search is too dumb for me (i.e., that can't even find all the files that have "Jackendoff" in the title). Even Windows Explorer can do that. For Tagged Frog, I think I was using some of the rules incorrectly, but now I have it set up OK.

Cheers,