Thursday, May 07, 2009

Adventures in Commuting

hey all,

What a crappy morning! I did some laundry last night, but one load wouldn't dry before I needed to go to bed, so I was up late waiting for that and didn't get as much sleep as I normally do. I got up in time for the first of two trains that will get me to Ageo on time, but the thing was delayed by 15 minutes. On top of that, I realized while waiting for the train that I didn't have my bike key with me, so I'd have to run all the way to my school.

And that's what I did: I ran all the way from Ageo train station over to my school, which is a around a 45-55 minute walk, and took me less than half that to get there. But I was still late by 3 minutes.

Other than the crappy start, the day went pretty well: 5 lessons, and I gave out some of the candies I had picked up yesterday to the teachers, OLs (Office Ladies: this is what they are officially called), and principal, vice-principal, etc. I get the impression that some teachers really appreciated this, while some didn't.

Anyway, I finally booked my hotel for my trip to Nikko. I should have Friday night and Saturday night, and the weather seems like it should be decent: somewhat cloudy, but no rain is in the forecast for Saturday. After work tomorrow, I come back to Omiya, re-load my Suica, and head over to Nikko. The weather Friday is supposed to be somewhat crappy, but that work fine as long as Saturday is good. I return to Omiya on Sunday.

Hopefully, I can pull this off without a hitch.

Cheers,