Sunday, May 31, 2009

Losses and Gains

hey,

We lost one of the ALTs living in my building this Friday: she's moved back to the US, and Japan is a little bit more boring and less interesting now that she's gone. We never had anything going on, but it is always sad when you lose a comrade who's gone through similar things, and someone who always lights up a room. In her place, we have a new ALT from New York.

I've crossed the 2 month mark, and went through my normal rounds of bike parking, housing, school lunch, etc bills. The weather this whole weekend has been about as dreary as imaginable, so I've just stayed in, read, watched anime, and played some video games.

I'd really like to see Kyoto next, but I don't see how I can see everything, or even a reasonable number of sites, over the course of a weekend. It turns out that my school's trip to Kyoto was rescheduled for September due to the swine flu outbreak in the Kansai region, so the trip didn't happen last Monday like I thought.

In other news, my 3rd year teacher wants me to teach the grammar point for the next lesson in English. Previously, she would explain the sentence in Japanese, and have a few examples in English and/or a small conversation featuring the sentence type. Now, I get to do my own presentation, so we'll see how that goes.

Not too much else going on.

Cheers,