Monday, May 04, 2009

More Exploration

hey all,

Today I continued my exploration of Tokyo, but went solo. I headed over to Ueno park and zoo, and also to Akakusa. During Golden week, Tokyo empties out and most people go to Kyoto or visit abroad, but today the remaining people apparently decided that going to Ueno park and zoo and also Akakusa were the best things to do. Both places were CROWDED!

The park was really cool, though. My orignal plan was to see the zoo and check out the park while I was at it, but I ended up seeing the park, and checking out the zoo while there. The zoo was OK, but it was even more crowded then the park thanks to the free admission today.

Akakusa was also pretty amazing, although the effect was kinda spoiled by having the largest temple there undergoing renovation.

After my adventures sightseeing, I went over to an English used book store I found on the web, located near Ebisu station. I bought 3 massive books (1 postmodern, 1 sci-fi, and 1 fantasy), which should last me the rest of the month at least.

Cheers