Thursday, March 04, 2010

Random Stuff

hey all,

So as is par for the course, still no answer from my company about Tokyo. I did have an interview with another company yesterday that went really well, I think. The impression I got was that they are somewhat similar to my current company (in the good ways), but possibly differing in the areas where my company falls short. The problem is that this company is very small, and they were also unable to give me answers regarding possible locations, or wages, as they are waiting for the various Boards of Education to decide which company they will give their contracts to. (This is probably also the case for my company with Tokyo, but for some reason, telling me this is either beyond their English ability, or in some other way too difficult/against rules/or something.)

Not much new on the "Let's start our own business" front. To be honest, I've been running around doing visa stuff, applying for jobs, etc, and this pie-in-the-sky plan has been put on hold for now.

Something really cool that I read today was that HBO has given the "A Game of Thrones" TV series a greenlight, which really rocks. The author of the book, G.R.R. Martin, is currently still writing book 5, with a projected 2 volumes after that to come. As book 5 has taken as many years to write (that is to say, 5 years), I hope that the series can actually cover the story till the end. The plan is to film one book over the course of one season, so each book will be shown to the public over the course of one year. Which gives the author 5 years to complete the next two books. Unlikely, but if it happens, nice. In any case, at least A Game of Thrones will be filmed, and I'll definitely be watching that somehow.

Cheers,