Thursday, April 08, 2010

Moved

hey all,

So I got myself moved today, and I'm beat. John and I hauled the stuffed that remained in my Omiya room to my new place, and didn't squish any Japanese people beneath my massive luggage while on the trains.

Although I probably didn't paint a very positive picture of the place before, so far I really like it. It is the biggest room in the building, and I'll be able to fit all my stuff in it pretty easily, once I get some shelves. I'd still be able to get everything in here, but it wouldn't be very clean or neat. My housemates seem like pretty cool people. There are two ridiculously friendly Taiwanese people here that I've met, and they've been really nice.

I think there are two negative things to say about the building. First, the one I've already mentioned: the laundry machine is not free. Second, I have to share a pathetically small refrigerator with 5 other people. Currently, there is basically no room in it at all, and even if there was, I'd have to trust that no one else would eat my food. From my experience in the co-op, I know that 99% of the time, there is no problem, but it is that 1% when there is that bothers me. With my own fridge, there is never a problem.

Oh well. I actually just got back from hauling one of my bags of stuff from Michi's over to my place, because it had basically all my electronics cords in it, including my ethernet cord and my phone charger. My phone was at 100% just yesterday, but this morning it was at 2 bars of 3, and then this evening it went to 1 bar. Plus, my room here for some reason didn't have an ethernet cable. My last room had its own router and cable, so I expected this room to have one too. So I didn't have internet or my cell phone for most of today, which is almost like living on a dessert island in the middle of an overcrowded country: you are surrounded by people, but somehow still cut off from accessing the ones you need to.

As tomorrow I have my interview with the BOE, I'm going to get some sleep. Even though I'm still off work until the 20th, this weekend and next week promise to be busy.

Cheers,