Thursday, June 24, 2010

Collection of Random Occurances

hey all,

I have to apologize for slowing down my pace of blogging. Going back to the beginning of last year, I was posting almost every other day, but I've only been doing around 10 per month lately.

Anyway, this is just what the title says: a collection of random things that have happened lately.

  1. I discovered that it is a bad idea to finish cooking half-boiled eggs in the microwave, since they explode.
  2. "                  " that our house has cockroaches!
  3. "                 " that the fantasy series I've been reading and re-reading has been greenlit by HBO, and they are currently casting for the remaining parts. It is set to be unleashed 2011, so I've only got 6 months or so to wait; which is a relief because fans of the series have been waiting 5 years for the next book.
  4. "                   "Red Dead Redemption rocks! Yes, I actually went out and bought a game last week. Landing the part-time job has made me feel a lot more secure financially, although I'm still waking up with a slight head ache and some pain in my jaw, probably from grinding my teeth in my sleep. Not sure exactly why that is, but it does happen whenever I'm feeling a bit stressed.
 Not an incredible amount of stuff happening. I underwent the first of several bouts of training on Monday for my new part time job. They said I needed to work on my presentation of material a bit, which I've been using my regular classes to practice. I'd have to say that they're right: just tweaking my style a little bit has made the students get more interested in class, but whether that results in better retention of material...I'm not sure.

Not sure about plans for this weekend. I'm thinking I might go up to Ageo and visit a friend. Otherwise, I'm probably going to workout by myself, pretend to study Japanese, and actually play video games.

Cheers,