Friday, June 18, 2010

Rainy Season

hey all,

The rainy season is upon us here in Japan, and Lord save us. It has been rainy for most of this week, with occasional breaks of sunshine. The temperature remains in the 80's or above during the day, and the humidity makes you feel like you're covered in grease or sugar water, despite being freshly scrubbed from stepping out of the shower.

I've decided to do part time for one of the kids' English companies I've been interviewing with. I start training on Monday, so I'll finally get a chance to see what I'll be doing, and get a chance to talk to some other people in the company. The main person I've been dealing with seems nice and all, but has some issues that I find really annoying.

In other job related news, I get paid next Friday, so only 7 more days on my budget.

The World Cup is all the rage, but for the most part I couldn't care less. I've been watching some of the Japanese news, though, like earlier this week some high schooler stabbed the girl next to her for saying "Shut up." Or the new Prime Minister's comment about the ridiculous nature of Japan's national debt (now running almost 200%, if I remember correctly).

Very late, I know, but here is the fruit salad.

Cheers,