Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Hate Rain

hey all,

I've been relaxing and doing as little as possible this weekend. I wanted to head up to Omiya and meet one of my drinking buddies, but he had work so that got canned. I also wanted to check out a park, but literally every time I went outside to walk to the train station, it would start sprinkling on me, so I quit that both today and yesterday. After all, who wants to go to a park to read a book in the rain?

Instead, I've been cooking, paying various bills now that I have money, and playing video games.

For food I've made "mabudofu," which is a spicy Chinese tofu dish. The sauce packet I bought was really cheap and the flavor was really weak. I think next time I'll have to make the sauce from scratch or something. It really tasted nothing like the dishes in restaurants, which has a deep, hearty, hot flavor. I also made that excellent fruit salad again, but this time I used a little too much mayo in the sauce. Oh well, still delicious.

This coming week is really busy. I work Monday-Friday, plus after work on Wednesday I have training for my new job, then on Saturday I actually start my new job. I'm more than a little stressed about it. The teacher training me last time said that I was really lucky to get the type of class I'm getting, since they have people currently working there who are requesting it. So I guess that means they think I'll make a good teacher, but I've never worked at this type of place, so I'm still pretty nervous.


Cheers,