Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Bad Cooking, Trip

hey all,

I've finished my second of three 6-day work weeks. Tomorrow, the cycle starts again: Monday to Saturday. Yesterday (Saturday), I did my demo lessons again. The first lesson went really well, but the second lesson was only so-so.

Today, Michi and I went into Okutama (Western Tokyo), and climbed Mitake-san. The forecast was rain in the afternoon, so we got up really early and climbed it, ate lunch, and came back to central Tokyo. Luckily, the rain was delayed (I can hear the patter of rain outside my window as I type this.).

After that, I tried again to make my dairy-free tofu tiramisu, but have again failed. The soft tofu just seems to have too much water in it naturally, and then adding egg yolks just compounds the problem. I found a youtube video of a Japanese woman making tiramisu with tofu, so next time I'm going to follow that recipe.

Cheers,