Wednesday, December 01, 2010

And...We're Back

hey all,

Sorry for the long gap there. Been really busy as usual of late. Classes are going pretty well. I'm starting to get the hang of teaching that younger class, and I've figured out how to make that afternoon class pretty fun while still covering the amount of material that I've been requested to cover.

Last weekend, I met up with Michi on Saturday, and then on Sunday I sold four games, and bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Pretty good so far. I also met up with John, my Michigan buddy and we had a Thanksgiving lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo. I have to say they did a good job, and it was worth it for the price: only about 2600 Yen, or $30. You could get the same for much cheaper in the US, but again, we're in Japan. You can't even find turkey in the supermarket. I've actually never seen it anywhere, although John tells me they sell them at Costco.

I'm still studying Japanese for the test, but at this point it is a little late: I only have 4 days until the JLPT on Sunday. I'm probably going to head over to Tokyo a little early on Sunday to make sure I get there.

I've also been trying to arrange my trip to the US, plan for my friend's trip to Japan, gear shop for climbing, and I've been obsessed with a particular type of Japanese snack. It is basically deep fried burdock root, but I've been unable to find a recipe for it, and I've been unable to actually find the snack in a store so that I can look it up on the internet.

That's all for now,
Cheers,