Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh Me, Oh My

hey all,

As I said, things are picking up. In less than 24 hours, Bri comes to Japan, and he'll have to mostly fend for himself for 3 days before I get off of work. I plan on meeting him and doing dinner, but getting from the airport to the hotel is on him, and then while I'm at work of course he's on his own.

And then we run around like orcs with our heads cut off for a few days before coming to the US. The US will be even busier because the time is shorter, but somehow we'll manage.

There is still some shopping to do, both that Michi has been assigned and that I've been assigned, and there are train tickets to reserve for Kyoto, I just sent my climbing shoes in to be resoled (at a really amazing climbing shop, BTW), just paid my health insurance, will be paying my rent soon, etc. Luckily, by the time my next residence tax payment is due I'll have been paid again.

I'm going to call it a night and try to sleep. I really hope everything goes smoothly, but we'll see. Already, one element of our plan has gone awry: I wasn't able to book tickets at Studio Ghibli. It is a museum, but you need to order tickets in advance, and you can only enter the place at four specific hours each day, and every time slot was booked.

Hopefully I can survive this.

Cheers,