Friday, December 10, 2010

$%^&* List

hey all,

So that new housemate turned out to be a real douche. He didn't have his visa yet, and I mentioned that I'd be heading over to the Immigration Bureau on Thursday to take care of my re-entry permit for Japan.

I arranged to have another teacher teach my evening class, and headed out to meet the guy. When I got back to the house, he was sleeping. He didn't have his papers organized, and hadn't printed out the most important document. When we went to the Seven Eleven to print it out, it didn't work, so we had to go back to the house to transfer the file to my USB stick. When we went to back to the Seven Eleven, instead of focusing on printing his documents out, he left that to me and bought some snacks.

By this point I wasn't sure we'd make it and called the bureau. It would take 35 minutes to get there and they would only be open for another 15.

Thanks to this punk who I went out of my way to help, I wasn't able to get my re-entry permit and almost inconvenienced another teacher (I made it back to work and taught the class myself, since I couldn't run my errand).

Other than that, the week has been pretty decent. Shopping for Christmas presents, studying a little Japanese, and doing a little site-seeing.

I've made arrangements to go to the bureau again next week, and Douchebag can find his own way there.

Cheers,