Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yay!

hey all,

I was able to make it to the Immigration Bureau in Yokohama today. Boy is that place inconvenient! Every train and bus I had to take to get there, I had to wait about ten minutes for. It is supposed to only take about 30 minutes to get there, but it ended up taking an hour or so. It got to the point where I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it in time, but I got there with about 10 minutes to spare. And everyone I'd talked to about it was right. The place was mostly empty, and I only had to wait about 10 minutes in order to get my re-entry permit.

It was so quick in fact, that I was only about 5 minutes late for my PM class. I took over for the other teacher, and taught the rest of it.

My mood is much better. I've got a pretty good presentation, only a few rough spots, but I'm just going to leave it as is. I also signed a new contract for my company; I've been operating under a hand-written agreement until now, as both I and my boss sort of forgot about it and hadn't had time to straighten it out.

That's all for now.

Cheers,