Monday, February 07, 2011

Pictures, Etc

hey all,

So I was pretty nervous about NHK, but I think it went pretty well. They didn't focus on my class too much, actually, which was kinda nice but kinda disappointing at the same time. The rest of the day went pretty well. Nothing too much to report.

I have finally taken the initiative of uploading some pictures.
Here is my "old man" arm with a pain killer patch on it. I actually had to shave the hair under the patch to get the patch to stay on and to let my skin absorb the painkiller.
Here is some jelly and cream from one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. The jelly is made from ground up turtle shell. No joke.
My home made sweet and sour chicken.
My collection of rock climbing gear. You can see nuts on the right hand side (those hunks of metal hanging from steel wire), and cams at the bottom left (those half-moon mechanical devices).
These are some kind of shrimp rolls, I think. The one on the left has a demon/devil picture, and the one on the right is supposed to represent good luck. They're sold in celebration of Setsubun. These were really awful, but they were half off.
I may have mentioned it before, but I believe that I'm becoming a bit of a Hobbit. There is a joke in The Fellowship of the Ring before the Fellowship has truly formed and one of the Hobbits is complaining about not stopping for second breakfast, elevensies, tea, luncheon, or most of the other frequent meals that a Hobbit eats during the day. I, for one, have adapted the habit of eating a second lunch, since I often don't have much time to eat a full lunch with my students. I also need to keep my energy up for my afternoon classes, and besides, I'm still trying to get back up to 60kg.

Cheers,