Monday, February 14, 2011

Wahoo Yahoo

hey all,

So this weekend's story would be really long, but it is already almost midnight, so it will leave it at this: Izu got the most snow they've seen in 15 years, and the burning of the mountain grass was canceled, or I should say postponed until next weekend. We ended up going to a museum, and taking a pottery class, and then spent all day today walking along the coast. After coming back to Tokyo, I met up with some of my former housemates, and they brought me the results of my JLPT.

As a quick side note, for some reason certain pieces of mail seem to be getting sent to my former place, and not forwarded to the new one, despite the fact that I set up a mail forwarding system at the post office.

Anyway, I passed the level 3. I got about 50% on the vocabulary/grammar section, and did a little better on the reading section, and for some reason I got 100% on the listening section. My Taiwanese former housemate said if I got about 20 points higher, I could pass the level 2, which is business level Japanese. I think I will try to take the level 2 this December. That will give me almost 10 months to get my vocabulary and grammar up to speed, since those areas are clearly my weak points.

Although this weekend was Valentine's Day, we didn't really do anything lovey-dovey (at the pottery class, we didn't even try to do "Ghost" homages). Probably next weekend, we have some more romantic things in plan, but it looks like Izu is planning on burning all that mountain grass next Sunday, so I might end up going to that.

Cheers,