Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That Weather Thing

hey all,

Japan is doing that "Why don't go you all go live somewhere else?" joke with its weather. It has been raining for over 24 hours straight here in Yokohama, and the next few days are supposed to continue like this.

I would like to go over to the local Niku no Hanamasa (a restaurant supply store) to buy some peanuts, etc, and to stop by a Muji to buy some short sleeved dress shirts, but in this weather I am passing on both these errands.

Things are going well at work. Still pretty busy, and I'm still doing an extra 15 minutes for my last class, but most of my classes are going well.

Last weekend, Michi and I ate like Dothrakis. If you don't know what that means, then you haven't read G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series yet, or you haven't seen the new HBO TV series based on the books. There is a website that has set about to reproduce most of the recipes from the books. I picked one from it, goat with sweetgrass, firepods, and honey, and we set about adapting it to the Japanese grocery store. Instead of goat, we used lamb, instead of tart cherry juice we used pomegranate juice, but those were the only changes. Although really tasty, I think we failed. The pepper pods we used were very spicy (I which can testify to, having bitten into one), but all that heat stayed locked inside the pod. When I make it again, I will slice the pods open when boiling them in the juice.

I've about shopped myself out on climbing gear. I don't think I'll be buying any more unless something breaks or becomes dangerous to continue using.

I have a couple projects for work, and many many trips in the planning, so I'll be sure to keep myself busy.

Cheers,