Monday, July 04, 2011

Weekend, and More

hey all,

The weekend was pretty good again. More apartment searching, trip planning, and rock climbing on Sunday. Somehow, I made it up a 5.11a/b without killing myself at the gym.

I also managed to shatter the bottom of my nalgene bottle by leaving it in Michi's freezer overnight with a bit too much water in it. There is currently a 10% outdoor gear sale going on at Kamoshika, an outdoor retailer, so I headed over there and picked up a metal water bottle and a new everyday backpack was well.

Michi has recently replaced one of her purses, and I think when we head up to her family's second house in a few weeks, I will suggest that we burn her purse and my old satchel together. They have both served us faithfully for many years, and deserve better than being thrown away.

For some reason, one of my student loans' interest rates has increased to 8.25APR, and I wasn't notified at all about the change or the reason for it. That prompted me to make some extra payments on my loans and change my strategy. Since I can't pick exactly which loan to pay off, I'll target the one with the highest interest rate and try to pay that off first. Hopefully by this time next year.

I've looked into more online colleges. The one that I've been looking at the most also seems to be the most expensive, so I'm starting to look at others. Since I already have an MA, I'm looking at certificates in curriculum design, which greatly reduces the price and course load. Still, the main one is around $5000 dollars and has all kinds of administrative hoops to jump through, but I've found another one for around $1400 that seems a bit easier to manage.

Cheers,