Thursday, June 30, 2011

Continuing Education

hey all,

So one of the things Michi has done is enroll in a translation school. This is a brilliant idea, as it might give her extra income or even allow her to change careers down the road. One of the things I've done is look into taking some courses in curriculum planning/educational assessment, and/or getting an MS. in Education with a specialization in curriculum design and administration. This would allow me to feel more comfortable being the head teacher at a school, and would also let me build a curriculum for our classes. As well as possibly branch out and get out of the class room entirely.

The problem is paying for it. I should say, one of the problems is paying for it. Another seems to be finding an online school that is actually online. Yes, you read that correctly. It seems that most of them require you to be living in the US in order to register, which seems really stupid: why should I have to be physically in a place for classes that I am not going to PHYSICALLY attend?

The weather this week has been brutally hot and humid (every time I write these words together I think of Throw Momma from the Train...), with almost no relief. I've resorted to setting my air conditioner on a timer, so it will come on an hour before the temperature starts to get bad at 6AM, so that I can actually sleep in until my alarm goes off at 7:17.

Work has been the usual mix of ups and downs. I've down several hours of overtime this week in order to get the schedule planned out for the next few weeks.

Cheers,