Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ooff

hey all,

I'm just going to lay it out there and say that Michi and I have been fighting a lot lately, and we're taking a break to cool our heads.

Looking back at it, it seems like "unrealistic expectations" is at least partially to blame. I've had these about many things for many years, and when ever reality fails to meet them, I tend to get down, either on reality or on myself, or both. Either way, whatever good mood prevailed before gets lost, someone feels insufficient and someone feels resentful and let down. The thing which really scares me is that sometimes I can see my father coming out of me in these exchanges. Some little comment or event seems to trigger something in me, and I become some kind of demon.

Another is probably just the stress we've both been under. Our weekday schedules are such that we often don't talk or even email for the whole work week. Plus our weekend schedules are no less busy with planning and going on travels, looking for apartments, etc. Add to that any small disagreements or disappointments, and you've got a recipe for trouble.

 I think I'm going to try to talk with some of my friends and family next weekend, or maybe go up to Matsumoto by myself if the weather is good.

Cheers,