Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cool Biz

hey all,

I've been doing a cool biz look at work lately: short-sleeved work shirt with no tie, and dress pants. I still haven't used the air conditioning at work yet this year. I'm going to try to keep from doing so unless the temperature gets above 28C. The temperature is not too high yet, but the rainy season is in full blast, and it feels like I've got a layer of glue covering my body no matter how many showers I take, or how many times I wash my face or neck.

Episode 9 of Game of Thrones has lived up to the high standards they've set for the previous ones. Except for one thing. They've been making lots of changes as they go through the story, and most of them I understand. There is a limited amount of time, a limited budget, and the limitations of a audience's interest and memory to consider. I didn't understand why they changed the flow of the wedding night of one of the characters in the first episode, and I don't understand why they made the paramour of one of the main characters a foreigner. It makes no sense, adds nothing to the character, etc. (Edit: Apparently this change was made to account for the actress's German accent. Still.)

Things are busy at work and after work, as I'm trying to keep everything prepared with vocabulary, study guides, etc.

Michi and I have talked a bit, but things are going to be rough for a while longer I think.

Cheers,