Thursday, February 23, 2012

At last

hey all,

A bunch of my preparation time at work this week has been taken up with extra private lessons, teacher's meetings and meetings with the boss, plus doing an extra job or two for the boss. Which means that I've spent a lot of time after hours typing up tests, making worksheets, and making the schedules for my classes next week.

I've finally caught up on all of that. So the news about Michi is that she has a stress fracture in her right ankle. That pain she's been experiencing ever since September? Yep, stress fracture. Apparently they don't show up on the X-rays very frequently, so you need a CT or MRI scan, which she only got done a few weeks ago. And then she had to wait a week and a half to see a doctor about the results of the scan. She's got an ankle brace coming in the mail this weekend, and she's been ordered to take it easy for the next 4 months or so. She's pretty upset about it. It will be a difficult few months ahead, since we won't be able to go rock climbing, hiking, or backpacking.

In fitness news, I joined Fitocracy, which is an interesting take on keeping fit. It was featured on xkcd (warning: mature content) a while back, and it looked fun. Basically, it turns keeping fit into a role-playing game. Each exercise has a certain number of points attached to it, and after you accumulate enough points, you level up. Getting to the next level takes more points each time. It kinda makes me want to find a pool that I can go swimming to again, although this time I'll make sure that I don't jack up my arm like a few summers ago.

Cheers,