Sunday, April 05, 2009

Weird Conversation and Sea Salt Gelato

hey all,

I went walking around Omiya a little bit today. Took some more pics of blooming sakura flowers, trees, and some random ramen shops. I was also finally able to Skype with Bri, which was good.

Perhaps the weirdest thing that's happened today is that some random Chinese person started chatting with me on skype. It took me a while to figure out that this person was completing some kind of school questionaire.

About the only other thing that's very exciting is that I tried some Sea Salt Gelato (spelled Gerato on the on container), and it was really good. There are several other sweets that I have lined up for sampling, including some colored balls on sticks that I have no clue what they are. I know they are a dessert, but other than that they could be colored/flavored pounded rice cakes, or fruits of some kind.

Nothing much going on tomorrow. On Tuesday, I meet with Ayumi and get introduced to my school.

Cheers