Sunday, July 26, 2009

This Week, and Break

hey all,

I went to the outdoor club's social night last Friday. This time, it was held at a pretty good Thai restaurant in Kinshicho, part of Eastern Tokyo. Today, there was another hike in Okutama which I had planned on joining, but the big toes on my feet were bothering me a little, and I felt really tired this morning, so I've just been watching anime all day. The temperature is back around 35 C, so the air conditioning has been a blessing.

Tomorrow, I meet up with another outdoor club member in Odawara to see a festival where they float boats and shrines down a river. I think I will also try to see Odawara Castle, a temple, and maybe a traditional goods shopping district.

I can't really believe it, but I still have over one month of summer break left. I've already climbed Mt. Fuji, but now I think Hokkaido might be a bit much. I really don't know of anything that I'm dying to see there, except for the snow festival in February. Getting around seems like it would be a pain, and so would lodging. There is an trip being planned to Hokkaido by one of the outdoor club members, but it seems too expensive, especially considering the Spartan nature of the trip: camping and hiking for about a week.

I haven't been studying my Japanese since school ended, so I think I should be doing that for at least a few hours each week. I'm not sure what to do to fill all this free time ahead of me.

Cheers,