Friday, March 20, 2009

Guest House

hey all,

Had another really busy day today. Got up at 7AM, ate break fast, then headed over to company headquarters with all my luggage. Ayumi (the coordinator for Ageo-shi), drove Masashiro and myself to Shinjuku, which is one of the busiest parts of Tokyo. This took about 3 hours. Once there, we signed a lease agreement with the guesthouse company for the term of our temporary tourist visas (we can change the contract after we change our visa status).

I'm now typing this in my room at the guesthouse. The guesthouse has a pretty nice kitchen, washing machines, toilet, and shower rooms. The room itself is basically a short hallway, with a slight bend at one end. The slight bend contains a desk, TV, my laptop, a window which faces a lovely building wall 3 feet away, and a refridgerator. Behind the bend is the door, the closet, and (literally on the side of the closet) the ladder leading up to the lofted bed.

Right now it is 19:34, and I'm really tired: after the long drive in, the GPS system in Ayumi's car started malfunctioning, and we drove around in circles for what felt like hours looking for the guesthouse. I've already unpacked most of my things, and it looks like I won't need to live out of my suitcases after all. I'm going to brush my teeth a little later, and then listen to music and catch up on some webcomics (like xkcd.com). Everything is happening so fast, and I really need this weekend to be calm and laid back: when I arrived in Japan only four days ago, I didn't even know if they had an opening available, and now I'm living in my own place.

Cheers,