Friday, March 20, 2009

Quentin Tarantino Is A Liar

hey all,

So hopefully this actually makes it to the blog. Right now I'm typing this in KWrite, the KDE equivalent of Notepad. I haven't been able to get either Vista or Linux to connect to the wireless networks at the hotel.

Back in Atlanta 3 days ago, my friend Bri gave me a great send off: lots of video games, some responsible imbibing, and we went to see the Watchmen as well.

We got to the airport on time, and I made it through Security without a hitch. The plane even left on time and arrived about 30 minutes early. I didn't really sleep on the 13 hour slight, but I did catch up on movies: Vickie Christina Barcelona, Supsect X, Rightous Kill, Body of Lies, and I think two others that I can't remember right now. For those of you who are Kill Bill fans, I'm sure you'll all be grieved to know there are no sword stands built into the arm rests of planes going to Japan.

Arrived at Narita airport, got through Customs and Immigration smoothly. Called the company and let them know that I'd arrived, and requested a bus ticket to Mito (in Japanese, thank you very much). While waiting in the line for the bus, met a few other ALT's working with same company. Had some interesting conversation on 2 hr. bus ride over to Mito.

I made it to the hotel with the most blood shot eyes I've ever had. I stayed awake until 9:30 or 10, then crashed.