Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yay! Health Insurance

hey all,

So today I applied for health insurance. It was actually easier than getting my hanko made (藩田 This is hanta, roughly how my name is pronounced in Japanese. It means something like Alliance Field. I don't think these two kanji actually have a recognized meaning in Japanese, but when I show it to the Japanese coordinators, they all go "sugoi" which is great/cool/amazing. Most of the ALT's went for their names in katakana, which for me would be this:ハンター. I think the kanji are way cooler.), and took way less time than changing my visa status (at least 2.5 hours), or applying for gaijin card (30 minutes).

It's very rainy and kinda cold, so I'm staying in for now. I've been emailing an ALT who is leaving about buying her bike, but she's been busy packing and our meeting time keeps getting pushed back.