Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

hey all,

The last few days have been busy. Thursday, I met up with some ALTs to visit Tokyo National Museum in Ueno. This museum houses a somewhat small permanent collection of pottery, lacquer ware, armor, swords, statues, carvings, and paintings, but it was still quite interesting.

On Friday, I didn't really do too much, but on Saturday, I organized a trip to see a statue of Kannon in Utsunomiya and the Tobu World Square in Kosagoe. As it happened, we missed a train on our way from Kosagoe to Utsunomiya, and weren't able to see the Kannon. I plan on returning to the area to see some more sights in Nikko this fall, so I think I will make seeing the Kannon part of that trip as well.

Then, yesterday, I organized an indoor rock climbing in Tokyo, a bunch of people signed up, but only 5 people came. Still, it was lots of fun and I'm doing the same trip next Sunday as well. Pictures will be coming soon.

Cheers,