Monday, August 31, 2009

Typhoon "I don't wanna go to school!"

hey all,

So I believe we are now entering the typhoon season, since there is now a typhoon generating lots of rain in the Tokyo/Chiba/Saitama area where I live. It started last night, and hasn't let up all day, and probably won't let up until after the weekend. I'm hoping that that forecast is overly pessimistic, but we'll see. I'm dubbing this typhoon Typhoon I-don't-wanna-go-to-school, because I'm not looking forward to riding my bike in the rain. I guess I mis-read my schedule, and I don't start working until Tuesday, but I still went to Ageo this morning to take care of my bike (making sure it was still there after my 6 week absence, renewing my parking permit, checking tire pressure, etc). Getting up at 6:46 will be a little difficult as well.



Yesterday I hosted my 3rd indoor rock climbing trip. It was really cool. I seem to be able to climb some 5.10 routes. Normally, I max out around 5.9, and the only time that I was been able to consistently do 5.10's was about 10 months after I broke my arm, so I'm climbing better than I've been able to since summer 2005. According to those in the know, in addition to entering typhoon season, we are also entering peak rock climbing season, so supposedly some more experienced outdoor club members will be organizing some outdoor rock climbing trips.

That's all for now.

Cheers,