Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Kyoto Afterall?

hey all,

I've started looking into seeing Kyoto this month after all. Although I'd said earlier that I probably wouldn't go, I'm not sure what else to do with all this time. I've seen a lot of the historical stuff that I wanted to see nearby, and watching anime and playing video games all day for the next few weeks would be a waste of my time. As mentioned earlier, the outdoor club hasn't had any activities recently as well, so even my normally busy weekends have been kinda boring lately.

I think about 5 days should be enough to see the major things in Kyoto, and that should even give me enough time for some trips to Lake Biwa, and nearby mountains and outlaying shrines as well.

The weather for next week doesn't look all that promising, so I'm going to look into some closer sights to see. Another ALT just went to see a 72 ft. tall stone statue of Kannon near Utsunomiya, about an hour away, and the pictures I saw look stunning. There are some more caves there as well.

I keep looking for info about climbing, so I can plan a trip, but I can only find detailed info about places that are far away, and even then it isn't that clear or useful.

Cheers,