Friday, August 14, 2009

Earthquake 3

hey all,

Apparently, there was an earthquake this Sunday that I didn't feel, and there was a third earthquake that woke me up at around 7AM on Thursday, so that makes 3 earthquakes in under a week.

Technically, I think this makes 4 earthquakes that I've been through. There was one in Michigan when I was about 10 or so. I think if you had a house of cards, it would have gotten knocked over, but nothing else would have happened.

Coming from a place that doesn't really get earthquakes, I guess I thought they would be something like the movie Earthquake with Charlton Heston. Of course, that is pretty silly. If every earthquake that occurred were that catastrophic, nobody would live in Japan or anywhere else where they happen with some regularity.

Waiting for the Big One,